Aladdin Connect add-on kit set-up & installation video • View video here
Aladdin Connect integrated Wi-Fi programming & set-up • View video here
Aladdin Connect quick set-up guide • See below or View PDF Guide here
Compatibility with Amazon Alexa • View Instructions here
Compatibility with Google Assistant • View instructions here
In the Home close to Wi-Fi Router:
1. Remove mounting bracket from back of DCM. FIG.A,
2. Plug Aladdin Connect™ into wall outlet with Power Pack. FIG. B.
3. Plug Power Pack into DCM controller.
In the Home close to Wi-Fi Router: Download the Aladdin Connect™ app.
1. Scan the QR code below or visit your devices app store to start the setup of the Aladdin Connect™ device. Search your app store for Aladdin Connect
2. Follow the on-screen menus to create an account and program system prior to wiring in the garage.
3. At the installation prompt, disconnect Power Pack and move system to the garage.
In the Garage: These factors must be determined prior to mounting Aladdin Connect™ (DCM) to the wall or ceiling.
1. Optimal Wi-Fi signal strength. If an optimal signal cannot be located within the garage, move the wireless router closer to the garage or install a Wi-Fi range extender (Available from most electronic stores)
2. Desired DCM location.
3. Access to 110VAC outlet within 5 feet
- Plug Power Pack into the wall outlet and DCM near the chosen mounting location. The WI-FI signal indicator LED should illuminate signaling that the Wi-Fi signal is still intact.
- A GREEN LED indicates a good Wi-Fi signal.
- A RED LED indicates a lost or faulty signal. Move Aladdin Connect™ to a position that better suits the Wi-Fi signal from the router. Contact Customer Service for further assistance. (1-866-599-4995)
- Once an optimal signal and location is obtained, UNPLUG Power Pack from the DCM and continue to STEP 4.
Wire Aladdin Connect™: (Single door install shown) Aladdin Connect™ will wire directly to the wall control connections at the powerhead or directly to the wall control. New Genie models shown. Visit www.GenieCompany.com/AladdinConnect for more information on older models and other brands of garage door openers.
1. Make sure garage door opener is unplugged.
- Leave wire spool intact for this part of the install.
2. Split provided dual strand wire approximately 2 in. then strip 1/2 in. of insulation. FIG. A.
3. Press orange tabs down and insert both wires into connection points for DOOR 1 on the back of the DCM. FIG. B.
4. Trim and split the other end of the dual strand wire approximately 2 in. and then strip 1/2 in. of insulation. FIG. A.
5. Insert wire into wall control inputs either:
- (OPTION A) Directly to the garage door opener.
- (OPTION B) To the Back of the wall control.
Current model Genie® Brand opener shown. *See note for other models and brands.
*Wiring methods for other garage door openers. All Genie brand and most competitor brands of garage door openers will operate with Aladdin Connect™. Visit www.GenieCompany. com/AladdinConnect to check compatibility with other manufacturer’s controls or check your garage door opener’s owners manual for wall control wiring instructions. Aladdin Connect™ will operate up to 3 garage door openers.
Mount and Power Aladdin Connect™:
1. Using the DCM mounting bracket as a template at the optimal Wi-Fi location. Mark and drill 2-3/32” pilot holes and mount bracket to wall using supplied screws. If mounting to drywall, use anchors provided in kit or if mounting to perforated angle at opener location, use nuts, washers and screws provided.
2. Plug Power Pack into wall outlet. An extended screw is provided to secure Power Pack to outlet if needed.
3. Plug Power Pack into back of DCM as shown in STEP 1. NOTE: LEDs on DCM will flash momentarily as it reacquires signals.
4. Snap DCM onto mounting bracket.
5. Route wires and secure with supplied staples.
6. Affix the warning placard next to wall control or DCM in plain sight to signify that the door will operate remotely.
Mount DPS Module to Garage Door: DO NOT remove the battery “PULL TAB” from DPS until directed by the app. The DPS should be mounted on the TOP door panel only. Mount to steel reinforced end stile on the far left or right under the top hinge. DO NOT mount to unreinforced door panel.
1. Clean door where DPS will mount.
2. Install double-sided tape to back of mounting bracket and affix to door. NOTE: Double sided tape is designed to hold bracket in place temporarily only. Not to be used for permanent mounting.
3. Pre-drill 2 - 3/32 holes. DO NOT drill all the way through door.
4. Use included self tapping screws to mount DPS bracket to top door panel end stile.
5. Slide DPS down onto mounting bracket. DPS should snap onto bracket.
- NOTE: The DPS included with this kit is already programmed to the DCM. See the NOTE under STEP 7 regarding additional sensors (DPS).
Complete the Programming:
1. Restore power to the garage door opener.
2. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the set-up and test the Aladdin Connect™ system.
- NOTE: This kit includes one DPS for use with one door only. The DPS included is already programmed to the DCM. Additional sensors can be purchased separately from your local Genie retailer. To program additional sensors, first complete STEP 7 initial setups, and programming, then go to “Add a Door Sensor” under the “Doors” tab inside the app or view the installation video at www.GenieCompany.com/AladdinConnect/InstallationVideo. (see link above)
- NOTE: A white light will flash and an audible beep will sound as an indication that the door is about to move when commanded by the Aladdin Connect™ or other compatible apps.
Need help or have questions? Contact Aladdin Connect Customer Care: 866-599-4995 • www.GenieCompany.com/AladdinConnect
Use of this product, the software embedded within this product and the related application software is subject to the Terms and Conditions available at: www.GenieCompany.com/AladdinConnect
Before you get started with the Aladdin Connect add on kit - you can check your garage door opener compatibility here (or see below).
GARAGE DOOR OPENER COMPATIBILITY LIST
The Genie Company Aladdin Connect™ garage door controller is compatible with the models listed below. If you do not see your opener, please check back in the future as other models may become compatible at a later date. Note that some openers need a special adapter. Ordering information for the adapter is listed at the bottom of the page.
IMPORTANT: The Genie Aladdin Connect controller is compatible only with residential sectional garage doors. It is not compatible with one-piece garage doors.
Compatible Genie openers* for Aladdin Connect: 1. Genie Series II openers – best identified by the wall console button(s), which is/are a non-black color. This covers the vast majority of Genie openers, including all the currently sold models.
2. Genie Series III openers – best identified by the wall console button(s), which is/are black. If you have one of these units, you will need the special adapter. See ordering information below.
Other compatible brand openers* for Aladdin Connect (listed alphabetically):
1. Chamberlain® or LiftMaster® (pre-Security+ 2.0 models) - If the antenna color is not purple or yellow, or otherwise identified as pre-Security+ 2.0 opener, then Aladdin Connect is compatible. (Or in other words, if the antenna color is purple or yellow, or identified in any other way as a Security+ 2.0 opener, then Aladdin Connect is not compatible.)
2. Craftsman® (pre-Assurance+ 2.0) – If the antenna color is purple or yellow, or identified any other way as an Assurance+ 2.0 Opener, then the Aladdin Connect unit is NOT compatible. Otherwise, it is.
3. Linear® – all models compatible. 4. Marantec® – all models compatible. 5. Overhead Door® Series II – best identified by the wall console button(s), which is/are a non-black color. 6. Overhead Door® Series III – best identified by the wall console button(s), which is/are black. If you have one of these units, you will need the special adapter. See ordering information below. 7. Stanley® – all models compatible. 8. Wayne Dalton® – all models compatible.
* IMPORTANT: No brand or model of garage door opener made before January 1, 1993 is compatible with the Genie Aladdin Connect controller, as is any opener without safety beams, no matter when it was made.
SPECIAL ADAPTER: To order the special adapter for Genie Series III & Overhead Door openers, contact your local Genie distributor or order online from Genie here. Please reference Dry Contact Control adapter - part # 38013R.